Medication Administration

Medication At School 

To give medication at school, we must have written authorization from parent/guardian and medical provider, this includes any over the counter medication. 

If your child must receive medication while at school, please complete the GWSD Medication Permission Form.  You and your medical provider must sign the form.  If the medication is on the GWSD OTC Medication List, then medical provider signature is not required.

If age appropriate, your child may self-carry asthma and/or anaphylaxis medication.  Complete the Medication Permission Self Carry Form.  Contact the District Nurse to discuss your child's eligibility for self-carry.

Return all forms and medication in the appropriate containers to the Health Office at your child's school.  New forms must be completed each school year.

Please refer to GWSD School Board Policies JLCD, JLCD-R, JLCDA, JLCDA-R, JLCDB.

Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2018 West Corporation. All rights reserved.

For technical questions and comments regarding this website, please contact the Webmaster.