Food Services

Click HERE for the February 2017 Lunch Menu
Click HERE for the February 2017 Lunch Menu in Spanish

Click HERE for the January 2017 Lunch Menu

The Gunnison Watershed School District’s Food Service offers healthful and tasty breakfasts and lunch at each school.  Meals are available for students and staff. Parents are invited to visit our cafeterias and eat with us at any time. Lunches may be brought from home.

Click HERE for 2016-17  Meal and Milk prices:

For free and reduced meal applications in English and Spanish, click  HERE.

If you think your family qualifies, please fill one out and return to your school. Applications must be submitted annually!

Each enrolled student has a lunch account number which they can charge to make purchases. Be aware of your student's spending and create a free account on Here you can add funds to their account, track their balances, make payments, and set up autopayments. You just need a credit card and your student's 6 digit student ID number.

Other methods to pay for your student's meal purchases:

  1.  Authorize the District to charge a credit card for purchases.  Click here for the authorization form, and return the completed form to your school.
  2. Pre-pay with cash or check at your school’s office.

Creating a free account on is the most efficient way to prepay, track your student's spending,set up autopay, and pay off your student's balance. 

If you do not want your child to charge purchases in the cafeteria, please talk with your child and contact your school’s Kitchen Manager to put a block on the account.  Contacts are listed below:

Kim Kula                                    Laura Henry                                         Trina Lull

Kitchen Manager                      Kitchen Manager                                  Kitchen Manager

CB Community School               GCS and Lake Schools                          Gunnison High School

(970) 641-7720 x6313             (970) 641-7710 x4018                          (970) 641-7770 x3638

You must tell your child not to purchase items beyond your authorization or beyond what their eligibility allows them.  Once an account is blocked, cash is the only accepted payment.  It is the guardian's responsibility to create an online account at, track the student's cafeteria purchases, and add funds to the student's account.   The school district does not send home statements of balances or what has been purchased. 

The District can not carry the financial burden of delinquent lunch accounts or spend the time and energy it takes to collect.  Therefore, as a last resort, any parent who repeatedly refuses to take one of the above actions and continues to have a negative balance on their child’s lunch account will be notified and sent to collections.

Mountain Roots:
Eating healthy foods, staying physically active, enjoying outdoor experiences, and connecting with the earth are an important part of children's lives. Mountain Roots Food Project's Farm-to-School Program provides access to fresh, local, organic, and homemade food for youth in public and private schools, preschools, and homeschoolers. For more information regarding Mountain Roots Food Project's Farm-to-School program, click the following link:
Mountain Roots Food Project

USDA Nondiscrimination Statement

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA. Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.  To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at: filine_cust.html, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (566) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:  mail at U.S. Department of Agriculture, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW, Washington, D.C. 20250-9410, by fax at (202) 690-7442, or by email at This institution is an equal opportunity provider.


Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2017 West Corporation. All rights reserved.